12.25.2006

Merry Christmas and RIP James Brown

First off...MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday. In celebration, I sent some friends in SL a little gift....the Ghetto Destroyer! I got the idea from a boombox I purchased a couple weeks ago. It was nice, but coulda used more loops to my liking, so...I made my own. Leila and Nion were both HUGE helps in working the script out and getting it to do what I wanted it to do, so a big thanx goes out to those two.

You could just set the thing out and play it, but much better to wear it :D You can click on it and play loops of some b-boy and funk classics. There are 50 loops to choose from, so hours and hours of mindless entertainment. I may sell them later...we'll see, so stay tuned.

Something else I wanna touch on is the death of a legend/icon/genius, the Godfather of Soul, the infamous James Brown. I was saddened when I heard the news this morning. I personally am a huge fan of James Brown...I love music, all types of music (especially breakbeats), and nothing got me shakin my arse more than Mr. Brown. I'm prone to busting out a terrible JB impression when my daughter and I are driving and I decide to do a JB remix of the latest top 40 single that's playing on the radio. He's the greatest ever and his music will influence the generations to come. Do me a favor and play some of the JBrown loops in the boombox, k? RIP James Brown.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nex Brannan said...

yay for boomboxes, boo for the godfather dieing. :(

7:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This time of year is always kind of sad b/c on TV I always see segments where they show important people that passed on throughout the year. President Ford died this week as well. Our world is a little richer b/c of people like these.

The boom boxes rawk meh sawkz. I might have chased Kismet around in the skybox for an uncomfortable amount of time blasting it :P

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cant....stop...... listening..... to...... beats! o.o



Long live JB.... he will forever 'feel good'

10:18 AM  
Blogger wha' blow? said...

I want a boombox :'( but t'is no longer available!

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home